Thirty-five years ago, I was a scattered, powerless woman in a very abusive relationship. My shaman encouraged me to connect with the root chakra at the base of my spine to center myself and find the quiet inside. It worked!
I started with the root chakra and then cleared all the other chakras. By clearing and balancing my chakras as well as releasing emotional wounds, I am in better health than ever before even though I’m older. I’m doing the work I love doing. It’s my mission and I am more comfortable financially. I’m calmer and I know how to release lower-level emotions. I am enjoying my life!
The word chakra comes from Sanskrit and means “wheel” or vortex. Chakras are pulsating, spiral energy centers. There are seven major chakras in the body.
Each energy center holds a different perspective and relates information about the world according to the way it views life, so it affects how you experience life.
When these chakras flow smoothly, you feel vital and healthy. Consequently, your life works well. When these energy centers are blocked, you feel off balance. Your life does not function or flow as easily.
It is essential to keep your energy centers clear and balanced so they perform at their best, resulting in an effective flow of life force energy.
The First Chakra
The First Chakra, the Red Root Chakra, is the energetic foundation for your body as well as the other chakras. It is located at the base of the spine. It is also the sacred connection for Mother Earth to bring her loving, powerful energy up into your body.
To identify the state of your first chakra, look at your life. Notice everything, from your home to your diet. The state of your life will tell you the state of this chakra. When your root chakra is blocked, you feel ravenous for energy, the life force. You feel you do not belong. You have difficulty manifesting prosperity in all areas.
Connected to this chakra are the beliefs you have about your body, family, and where you live. The primary focus is on survival and security, including the basics such as food and shelter.
The first chakra also carries the rules of behavior that come from your family, your culture, and society. There are some energetically held beliefs that young children take in as “truths.” These beliefs wind up being programmed into the nervous system and eventually become automatic responses, sometimes called vows, which are unbreakable to the adult’s inner child.
Do you have vows like these that you carry inside you?
- Money is always a struggle.
- People who have money are evil.
- It’s not safe to stand out.
After you clear your root chakra, you will feel more alive inside. You will be able to manifest your vision for your life. You will want to be part of life, serving in your special way.
Simple Success Root Chakra Initiation Process
- At least 1 day a week take off your shoes, go outside and walk on the grass or soil. (If you’re not in a place where you can do this, just imagine doing it.) Breathe in the earth energy all the way up through your feet and body. Feel the grounding.
- Stand on the earth with your feet at least shoulder width apart. Bend over and put your hands on the earth, palms down if you can. Squat as low as is comfortable for your body. Breathe in the earth energy up into your feet and body, feel it moving up into the area in front of your spine. This really opens your body to the earth. Or you can sit on the earth and breathe in earth energy that way.
- When you come back inside, wash your feet or shower. As you release the soil from your feet, imagine releasing all negative energy from your feet and root chakra. Massage your feet. Move your hands to the front and back of the root chakra in clockwise circles while focusing on saying these affirmations, “I am safe. I belong here. Mother Earth is providing for me.” Or choose other more fitting statements.
Practice these brief initiation processes for the root chakra and notice the changes. Contact us and let us know how your life begins to flow more easily.
About the Author:
Helaine Z. Harris, LMFT, is an intuitive business coach, psychotherapist and shamanic healer who is passionate about assisting heart-centered entrepreneurs called to do more. With her 35 years’ experience, she facilitates clients accessing their Soul Power to fuel their vision so they are recognized for their gifts and richly rewarded. Contact Helaine: (818) 782-6869 – firstname.lastname@example.org